It took me way too long to figure out why May the 4th was dubbed "Star Wars Day." (Tip, if you're slow like me: say it out loud, and translate from the lisp.) In celebration, BioWare's docked the price of Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you've been thinking about getting into the MMO's intergalactic funtimes, now's your chance - the offer expires this Sunday.
Both the Standard Edition (in digital or physical forms) and the Digital Deluxe Edition (in, er, digital form) receive hefty discounts of $25 and $35, respectively. The intimidating price tag on the physical Collector's Edition remains unchanged, sadly.
This isn't a bad deal, especially considering that both versions come with a month of game time (with additional time just a conveniently placed checkbox away). Even if you treat it like any other game that you'll move on from in a month, you'll probably get some decent returns for your money here - there's no better time to take up your virtual lightsaber.
- Guns of Icarus Online Launches Oct. 29, Discounted Pre-Orders Available Now
- PlayStation 3 the first console to give digital discounts on retail games
- Super sales from Super Bowl
- NPD: U.S. video game sales down 21 percent in December
- Kmart: Skyrim for $50 & Free $15 Coupon – Xbox 360 With Free $100 Coupon